Second Major in Materials Science
Option for students in the College of Arts and Sciences
College students can apply for a second major in Materials Science. This will result in a single degree from the College with two majors (note that this option is only for students in the College, not Engineering students). The requirements are as follows:
- CHEM 101 General Chemistry for Engineers
- MSE 215 Introduction to Nanoscale Functional Materials
- MSE 220 Structural Materials
- MSE 221 (or PHYS 240) Quantum Physics of Materials
- MSE 250 Nano-scale Materials Lab.
- MSE 260 Energetics of Macro/Nanoscale Materials
- MSE 330 Soft Materials
- MSE 360 Structure at the Nanoscale
- MSE 393 Materials Selection
- MSE 405/505 Mechanical Properties of Macro/Nanoscale Materials
- MSE 460 Computational Materials Engineering
- MSE 440 Phase Transformations
To enroll, students must complete the Application for a Second Major for Non-SEAS Students.
Also In This Section:
Dr. Liang Feng
Associate Professor and Undergraduate Chair
Ms. Vicky Lee
Undergraduate Program Coordinator
LRSM, Room 201
Office Hours with Professor Feng:
Please contact Vicky Lee to schedule a meeting.