Open Faculty Positions
The Department of Materials Science and Engineering within the School of Engineering and Applied Science at the University of Pennsylvania seeks outstanding applicants for tenure-track assistant professorships. Applicants for tenured associate and full professorships will also be considered. The department seeks individuals with exceptional promise for, or proven record of, research achievement, who will take a position of international leadership in defining their field of study, and who will excel in undergraduate and graduate teaching and mentoring. Candidates with expertise in any aspect of materials science and engineering who hold a PhD in their discipline will be considered. Successful applicants will find Penn to be a stimulating environment conducive to professional growth. Diversity candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
The deadline for receipt of applications is November 30, 2020. Applications must be submitted online. Additional information and instructions are available below. Apply Here
The University of Pennsylvania values diversity and seeks talented students, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds. The University of Pennsylvania is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected class. Questions or concerns about this should be directed to the Executive Director of the Office of Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Programs, University of Pennsylvania, 421 Franklin Building, 3451 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104-6205; or (215) 898-6993 (Voice) or (215) 898-7803 (TDD).
- Questions about the positions may be sent to Prof. Karen Winey, Department Chair, email@example.com
- Questions about Interfolio may be sent to Ms. Pat Overend, firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications include the following items:
- Cover letter: This should summarize your (i) scientific and teaching/mentoring accomplishments and (ii) vision for their research program specifically at Penn.
- Curriculum vitae
- Research statement (limit 5 pages)
- Teaching statement (limit 2 pages)
- Diversity statement: Penn’s Career Services office provides guidance https://careerservices.upenn.edu/application-materials-for-the-faculty-job-search/diversity-statements-for-faculty-job-applications/
- Contact information for 3-5 people who could provide letters of recommendation. Recommendation letters are not part of the application materials. If the search committee shortlists your application, recommendation letters will be solicited at that time.